ANZAHPE prizes aim to encourage and celebrate new and emerging health professional educators and researchers.
ANZAHPE offers four prizes
two student prizes and two early career researcher prizes; each prize is AU$500.
The ANZAHPE Pre-Registration Student Prize – for an undergraduate student who has participated in education scholarship or research (AU$500).
The ANZAHPE Post-Registration Student Prize - for a postgraduate student who has participated in education scholarship or research (AU$500).
The ANZAHPE Clinical Education Prize – for an early career clinical educator within 5 years of completing their undergraduate or a postgraduate degree and situated within a healthcare practice setting for their educational or scholarly efforts (AU$500) Sponsored by Richard Hays.
The ANZAHPE Early Career Health Professions Education Research Prize – for a researcher within 5 years of completing their PhD (AU$500).
Australian Medicines Handbook generously support the ANZAHPE Pre-Registration and Post-Graduate Student Prizes. Click here to read more about Australian Medicines Handbook's support of ANZAHPE.
Applicants are invited to submit an extended abstract description about an artefact they have produced or an activity they have undertaken pertaining to the education and training of health and social care professionals.Prize recipients are invited to present their work at the ANZAHPE conference and may be eligible for financial assistance towards conference attendance.
The procedures are the same for all categories of student prize awards. An appropriate notice calling for applications will be placed in the Bulletin, on the ANZAHPE website and via e-mail to the Membership. Applications must be received by 31 January, 2022 and prizes will be announced at the ANZAHPE Festival;. The ANZAHPE Committee of Management (CoM) shall establish a Selection Panel to consider the applications from the prize categories and make recommendations for their award.
Application closing date: 31 January, 2022.
Prizes have traditionally been awarded at the ANZAHPE Annual Conference.
- The annual prizes are to be made to an Australian or New Zealand student, early career clinical educator, or early career research in health professions education. The prizes are open to all students, clinical educators, and early career researchers who are in or have completed within 5 years any of healthcare professional undergraduate or postgraduate courses (including graduate-entry courses) including PhD.
- Applicants must be a member of ANZAHPE (click here to join).
- Applicants are invited to apply for a prize by demonstrating personal activity in furthering the education of health professionals. Projects might relate, for example, to delivery of teaching and learning, curriculum development, evaluation, educational research conducted, educational materials developed (videos, CDs, websites, models, etc.) or a critical commentary pertaining to education in the health professions.
An extended abstract is required for all prize submissions. See abstract guidelines below.
Submissions must be electronic (MS Word, rtf or PDF) and consist of:
- A covering letter including the name of the applicant submitting for the prize and their year of study in the course or date of completion, the contact details of the applicant including email address, postal address and phone number, and a statement up to 300 words of how the submission addresses ANZAHPE’s strategic priorities. Click here to view.
- A letter from the student’s supervisor ratifying that the student is a bona fide student and outlining the student's role and extent of involvement in the project or official evidence that the applicant is an early career researcher within 5 years of completing their specified qualification.
- For the ANZAHPE Pre-Registration Student Prize and the ANZAHPE Clinical Education Prize - an extended abstract of the personal activity or project.
- For the ANZAHPE Post-Registration Student Prize and the ANZAHPE Early Career Health Professions Education Research Prize an extended abstract of the project.
- Guidelines for extended abstracts: 800 words maximum excluding title and headings. Include a title with author names and affiliations. No references, tables, or figures. Headings for a personal activity: Background, Innovation, Evaluation, Implications. Headings for a project: Background, Methods, Results, Discussion and Conclusions.
Prize submissions are part of abstract submission process for the 2022 Festival.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION INFORMATION HERE
Closing date: January 31, 2022
- Submissions in all categories will be judged on:
- Educational Significance
- Scientific Quality
Greater emphasis will be placed on submissions that demonstrate impact on furthering health professional education, and those that have greater relevance and applicability to multiple health disciplines or to one or more ANZAHPE’s Strategic Goals or needs of multiple disciplines. ANZAHPE’s strategic priorities are:
- Support research and scholarship in health professions education
- Develop national and international networks, partnerships and collaborations
- Provide strategic leadership around key issues in health professions education
- Advocate for equity and justice in relation to health professions education.
The Awards for each year will be announced when they are decided and presented at the Annual Conference in that same year. Recipients are expected to attend the Annual Conference to present their work and may receive financial assistance towards registration . Recipients will also be encouraged to produce a paper describing their work for publication in ANZAHPE’s Journal – Focus on Health Professional Education.