ANZAHPE celebrates its 50th year anniversary in 2022, and to mark this significant milestone is planning to produce a series of papers on themes representing the core values of ANZAHPE. The papers will be published across a number of issues in the ANZAHPE journal, Focus on Health Professional Education (FoHPE), starting in the December 2022 Vol 23.4. The papers should be forward-looking, innovative and focus on the future of Health Professional Education in Australia, Aotearoa New Zealand and globally. The papers would be authored by selected key contributors to ANZAHPE who would enlist supporting authors. Selection may be through expression of interest or nomination by the ANZAHPE Committee of Management. Inclusivity principles will guide author selection. All authors will be required to submit an Abstract in advance which will be reviewed by a panel. Completed papers will be reviewed by a FoHPE Associate Editor. The series Editor will provide a commentary on the core values and resulting papers.
The Core Values and briefs are listed on the document attached here.
Expressions of Interest are called for the following papers in the Anniversary Collection.
- Health professional education for inclusive health services in the next 50 years (Core Value 2)
- Learning, teaching and assessment in health professional education and scholarship in the next 50 years (Core Value 4)
- Health professional education for a globally interdependent world in the next 50 years (Core Value 5)
- Mentoring, support and workplace learning for health professionals, educators and researchers in the next 50 years (Core Value 6)
The ANZAHPE Committee of Management is commissioning the remaining two papers in the collection.
Papers should be up to 2000 words long. Submission dates will be negotiated with successful authors.
Expressions of interest should be submitted by the Lead Author. They should contain a one-page CV of the Lead Author and the names and affiliation of all Contributing Authors. It is expected that all authors would be ANZAHPE members.
The Expression of Interest should be accompanied by an Abstract of no more than 500 words setting out:
- an overview of the paper,
- its theoretical underpinnings and location within the literature in the field
- the main arguments in the paper
- the major conclusions to be drawn.
Abstracts will be reviewed by a Selection Panel with a membership of;
- the Editor of FoHPE
- the two FoHPE Associate Editors assigned to the Anniversary Collection
- the Anniversary Collection series Editor.
The following criteria will be used to select the successful Abstracts.
- The expertise of the Lead Author and standing within ANZAHPE
- The quality and diversity of the writing team. Preference may be given to teams with a combination of senior and junior members.
- How well the ideas presented in the Abstract embody the relevant ANZAHPE Core Value underpinning the paper
- How well the Abstract demonstrates that the paper will be forward looking and at the cutting edge of the topic.
- The likely overall academic quality of the paper as judged from the Abstract
Expressions of interest should be submitted to
Jill Romeo, Executive Officer ANZAHPE (firstname.lastname@example.org)
by no later than Friday 8 July, 2022.