An ANZAHPE HTAG provides a forum for exploration and development of issues important to health professional educators.
ANZAHPE has four current HTAGs - click on tabs below to learn about these groups.
Sustaining work-placed learning - A health professional team-based approach
Planetary Health Education
Clinical Mentoring and Beyond - Supporting Medicine & Health Students
HTAGs are established to:
- Have a tangible output that is intended to have a definite positive effect on health professional education;
- Facilitate cross-Tasman collaborations on subjects important to members and health professional educators;
- Contribute to the continued growth of membership and strength of the Association.
How is an HTAG established and what might it do?
The CoM regards HTAGs as an important forum for members that are additional to the journal, the annual conference and state/local activities.
1. Can be formed once a proposal prepared using the Association’s “HTAG Template” has been accepted by the HTAG working group from CoM (comprising the Vice President, the Secretary and the Marketing Co-ordinator);
2. Are open to members of ANZAHPE; if non-ANZAHPE members decide to join a HTAG, they must become a member of ANZAHPE to take part in the group;
3. Can be advertised on the ANZAHPE website and/or by an email sent to the membership by the ANZAHPE office;
4. Will devise a plan and timeframe for structure and function as well as ‘output’ or ‘product’.This plan will be submitted to the Vice President who has the oversight for HTAGs within 3 months of receiving notification of HTAG acceptance. the Vice President will monitor the level of activity/progress of each HTAG;
5. May participate in the annual conference by following the usual procedure for abstract submission, and will be offered a PeArLS, a presentation or a workshop in the program to inform the membership/field on the progress and outcomes of their HTAG project;
6. May be invited to present to CoM in order to inform the Management of the Association about the HTAG’s findings;
7. Could present to state/local ANZAHPE events.
HTAG's will be provided with a password protected discussion forum on the ANZAHPE website to allow HTAG members to communicate with one another asynchronously. A nominated HTAG member can be given administration privileges to maintain their group’s page on the ANZAHPE website.
Are you are interested in establishing a new HTAG?
We welcome enquiries and would be pleased to hear from you.
Please contact the ANZAHPE Executive Officer to find out more.